There have been a couple of events in my life recently that have emphasized the fact that I'm getting older. Certainly, getting the More mailing got things rolling. I had an eye exam the other day, for the very first time in my life. The optometrist said that, the bottom line is, I'm getting old, and my near vision is not going to ever be what it used to be. He kept saying things like, "Well, a 39 woman is going to experience..." "Well, at your age, at 39, this or that is going to happen..." blah blah blah
Also - there's the issue of my buying a new car. I have been driving a 1996 Toyota Camry since, well, 1996 -- 12 years now. I have begun the process of selecting a new car to buy, and much to my chagrin, prices have skyrocketed since 12 years ago. I really do attribute my reluctance to buy a new car, because of what I perceive to be totally unreasonable prices, to my age. Further, I can't get myself psyched up about any of the new models! I think it's hilarious when my Dad expresses absolute disbelief that people would pay any money whatsoever for bottled water, but I think his way of thinking is where I'm headed. I want to make the identical car payment I did back in 1996! Alas...
1 comment:
You can make the same car payments you made back in 1996, but it will just take 50 years to pay off your car thats all.
Post a Comment