The Moore Family has pretty big plans for this weekend, which is unusual for us. Beau and Gary will get things rolling tomorrow night at the monster truck event at the Civic Center. Certainly, this is the province of all things male, but not for girls like me and Maddie. We'll be headed up to Gran-granny's house, for hopefully a nice, relaxing weekend in Ashe-Vegas. On Saturday, Beau and Gary will head to Charleston, so that they can spend the night with the cub scouts on the U.S.S. Yorktown. Again - not for the girls, although the cub scouts sold the trip as friendly to moms, as well as dads, "because there are showers." Heh, heh, heh - it's going to take a bit more than showers to entice me to spend the night on a WWII battleship. I hope the guys have a fabulous time!
I woke up last night around 4:30 a.m., and came into the living room. Maddie followed close behind, and insisted on sitting on my lap. She said, "Mommy, my room only has one window, but your room has two windows." OK.... Then, she told me that she had a cold. "You have a cold?" I asked. "No - no, mommy - that doesn't mean that I'm cold, like I'm freezing, it means that I'm sick and have a cough. It's an expression." Ahhh.... She's also pretty obsessed with High School Musical. She started singing this song, with lyrics talking about how she doesn't belong here, and she needs to move on. It was kind of odd, but then I got the HSM2 soundtrack, and there is a song that the main female character, Gabriella, sings to her boyfriend-slash-co-star in the musical, Troy. Because I can only get through about 10 minutes of the movie, Gary (who has actually watched the entire thing) had to tell me the context of the song.
3 comments:
WHIMP! I 've sat though ALL of HSM One AND HSM Two!! Josie Anna croons the songs from both soundtracks almost constantly. At least we had Grease!LOL
BTW-I say WHIMP about the musicals, not the WWII Battleship. Even the seasoned outdoors woman such as myself doesn't sleep in bunks 12 inches apart from the next bunk!INSANITY!
I told Gary what you said about the Yorktown bunks, and I don't think the shocked expression has left his face yet! :) You're right - we did have Grease, which I loved!
Post a Comment