Saturday, January 5, 2008

What The?????

If your family is anything like The Moore Family, you let your mail pile up until it's about to flow onto the kitchen floor. I sat down this morning with the HUGE pile of mail to open (no worries - of course, all the Christmas cards were open, and arranged on the side of the fridge!), and stumbled across a direct mail piece, to me, from "More" magazine. Now - if you don't know what "More" magazine is, it's a magazine for women over 40. The envelope, which featured a whimsical shot of Virginia Madsen (clearly over 40 actress), said, "Welcome to the one magazine for women over 40 who love to act their age." WHAT DOES THIS MEAN??? How am I supposed to act when I turn 40 in 2008? (And - how did the More people get my info??) Am I supposed to act middle-aged, join a ballroom dancing club, and starting streaking my hair because I'm having a crisis about my age?? Or - does it mean something different? I actually have bought this magazine a few times, and it's interesting. Clearly - a lot of menopause articles, but other than that, I enjoy it. Gary, who has been receiving direct mail pieces from AARP ever since the first day after his 50th birthday, got a huge kick out of this. In fact, he did a little "victory" dance, since I prominently display any AARP direct mailings. I really do feel different knowing that I'm going to be 40. Still here, and hopefully there's much "More" in store!

1 comment:

Julie Vaicius said...

That is hilarious! I guess you know when you are getting old when...
I wanted to call you but got back in town soooo late. I will call tomorrow. The office closes at 3 in prep for the BIG game. Geaux Tigers!