Sunday, January 13, 2008
It Just Got Personal....
I admit, I don't understand the writer's strike, and unions in general. Never have. This is absolutely not to say that they don't serve an important function -- it's just that I don't fully understand it. My dear friend "from Hollywood," an actress and card-carrying member of the actors' union, has been directly affected by all of this. I have been very sympathetic to her plight -- she's anxious to get back to work on her hit TV series, but unfortunately she can't because of the strike. This is certainly bad enough, because I am concerned about her. With the cancellation of the Golden Globes, however, the strike just got personal to me. I'm fuming mad! The let-down after the Christmas holidays is always "made better" by watching the Golden Globes all day on a Sunday in January. I watch every bit of the coverage -- even if it's the E! announcers standing in front of an empty building, awaiting the stars' arrival. I love all the fashions - can't get enough of it! I feel that I have been robbed of one of the highlights of the year.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment