Tomorrow is the "big" South Carolina democratic primary. Last week at church, a lot of my church-mates were sporting the "I Voted" stickers, giving themselves away as republicans. Sigh....
Anyway - I told Maddie that we have to vote tomorrow. I showed Maddie all three leading Democratic candidates - Barack, Hillary, and John. I took my time, flipping back and forth between pictures of the three, seeing who she would pick for the Moore Family vote. Who do you think she picked? Of course, "the girl." I asked her if she was sure, and she assured me that she is positive. She even said that Hillary Clinton has a beautiful name! Certainly, my mom was never able to take me on her knee, and show me a picture of a female candidate for President. I vaguely remember vice-presidential nominee Geraldine Ferraro (have these images of Saturday Night Live for some reason...), which I guess would have been the 1984 election. 24 years ago...hmmm.... This really is a tough choice, between three very attractive candidates.
1 comment:
If you really were fair you would let her look at the other party's candidates too. I sense a bit of brainwashing going on in your house. I will allow it - at least for this election.
Can't wait to see you later this month!
Post a Comment