Monday, July 21, 2008

On The Road Again


The Moore Family is at lovely Topsail Island Beach, NC! Above are pictures from the road trip. Beau is looking at me, as if to say "If we don't get to the beach in the next 5 minutes, I'm going to go mad!!!" The trip down, which was about 6 hours, was not too bad actually. And, the beach is wonderful! I came here 20 years ago with a college friend, and the town was literally comprised of a condominium complex, a convenience store, and a Food Lion 7 miles away. It's wonderful - has all the amenities that we need, but not the crowds of Myrtle Beach, which surprisingly I'm starting to prefer! The biggest appeal of Topsail, though, is the fact that ALL of my mom's family is here - My Aunt, all 5 of my first cousins, the spouses, and most importantly, thirteen children (staying in two houses)! And, of those thirteen, Beau is the only boy! I swear - all twelve girls got together yesterday at the beach and pool, and they looked like Stepford children. I was afraid that someone was going to accuse us genetically engineering the most beautiful, long, lean girl children on earth! More later....

1 comment:

Julie Vaicius said...

I am envious! I hope you guys have nice weather and a relaxing beach vacation!