


The Moore household is slowly but surely turning into an animal rescue mission. Although you may find this hard to believe, we (yes, it was a group effort) caught a parakeet at the pool tonight. We saw it flying around - with its bright green and yellow feathers - and discerned that it was undoubtedly someone's pet. Gary got close to it as it was perched on the triangular flags suspended over the pool, and realized that it had a black band around its leg with writing on it. Gary tried to throw a towel over it, but it flew away. We thought it was gone for good, but about 10 minutes later, it reappeared on the fence around the pool. This time, they sent a pro (mama) to handle the situation, and Gary and I managed to catch it, and put it in a towel. The neighbors gave us an old hamster cage to keep it in for the night. I guess we'll take it to the vet at our earliest convenience. I hope we find the owners - because it undoubtedly has an identifying tag around its leg. Stay tuned for further developments....
(Gary, in reading this post, wants you to know that mama was very skeptical as to whether the bird had an identifying band on it -- she thought it was some kind of twig that accidentally got wrapped around its foot!)
1 comment:
Oh, how sweet are all of you to catch him and save his life. If you don't find his owner, I know he will be very happy living with the moore family. please keep us informed, I love parakeets and have had many of them over the years.
Post a Comment