Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Out of the Mouths of Babes

I have been recruited at church to teach the children during the Sunday School hour. It is certainly not because I possess any biblical expertise, but rather it's because I have children and have to serve during my fair share of Sundays. This Sunday's lesson was a hodge podge of bible verses, mostly designed to be inspirational to the children. I was to tell the children, pursuant to the lesson, that all of the stories in the Bible are REAL - they are not pretend stories. A precious angel cherub of a little girl, decked out in the traditional huge church bow on one side of her head, wearing a smocked extravaganza dress, raised her hand.
"Yes, darling, what is your question?" I said.
"Well - does that mean that when David cut Goliath's head off, that was a real story?"
"Um, well - yes, honey, that's what it means."

Later, during church, communion was served. The children took communion together, and after church Maddie exclaimed for anyone to hear, "Hey mom - we drank blood!"

Whatcha gonna do?

No comments: