Thursday, April 3, 2008

You Cannot Ride In All Directions At One Time

I have the "Fortune Cookie" application in Facebook (oops - might have lost you - google Facebook to see what I'm talking about). The title is my fortune for today. How appropriate. I was telling someone the other day that I had Beau in law school, via c-section, on January 3, missed one week of class, but then was back at it about two weeks after his birth. Gary had to drive me to the front door, my classmates held me on either side (like a boy scout would accompany a grandma across the street), I managed to sit there for my classes, and then was ushered back out to Gary waiting for me. I couldn't even drive until the 6-week mark. It seems that "pushing it" has been characteristic of me throughout my life -- certainly throughout my work life. I like to stay busy. Anyway, this is my interpretation of what the fortune is getting at. I'm one of those people who takes several days to "get used to" being on vacation. Honestly, though, I think this is characteristic of women in general. We're multi-taskers. We do more than one thing at once.

No comments: