Friday, April 18, 2008
I Forgot to Talk About the Masters
Last Friday, Gary and I went to The Masters in Augusta, GA - my fifth round in attendance, and who knows how many Gary has been to. It was great. The next door neighbors watched the kids, so we got a mini-break to do something - just us. Three months after I met Gary back in 1993, he took me to a practice round on a Wednesday at Augusta, which was my first trip there. I remember thinking how this new man, "Big Gary" as my friends called him, was opening up new adventures for me. Then, in 1997, we managed to get weekend tickets, which was the year that Tiger won his first green jacket. We stayed in a fleabag motel somewhere outside Aiken, SC, but it was a special weekend - no doubt. I actually got to stand next to Tiger's mom on #14 - my claim to fame. When you've been together as long as we have -- over fifteen years now -- and when you have kids, and responsbilities, etc., it's easy to forget the bond that you formed so many years prior. Being at Augusta really brought back a lot of great memories of that bond that Gary and I shared -- primarily through golf. We got engaged on #18 at Harbour Town Golf Links in Hilton Head, and even had a golf-themed honeymoon in England and Scotland, attending the British Open and playing St. Andrews. Now, I'm looking forward to the day that we can take our babies to Augusta. Beau and I watched the coverage on Sunday together - just as his Dad and I have for fifteen years.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment