




Two weekends ago, "the boys" braved the elements (well, 60 degree weather...) to camp with Beau's cub scout troop at Camp Old Indian, in Saluda, NC. To say that my son got hooked on camping is an understatement! He came home and announced that he wanted us to get a tent. He informs his mother of this -- the woman who was very tempted to take Maddie to the Embassy Suites on the very same night he was falling in love with camping. I would much prefer hotel amenities to "roughing it." Gary has been wanting to take me camping since we met. Given the fact that I have never been camping with Gary, or anyone else for that matter, you can see who has won on that tip. The good thing is that Camp Old Indian has indoor facilities, which actually might be tolerable for a future trip. We got an e-mail that the "den" can camp on the U.S.S. Yorktown, in the Port of Charleston, sometime in January. Maddie and I will think of Beau and Dad on the ship, while staying at a luxury hotel somewhere in downtown Charleston!
No comments:
Post a Comment