Sunday, October 14, 2007

What a Weekend

First things first - yes, the Moore Family has been in absolute denial about the events of last evening, with LSU and Kentucky. I guess the only thing that is giving us comfort is that LSU is still ranked #5, and those ahead of us are very vulnerable. I had to go out after the game, and go on a Target shopping spree, to make me feel better. Gary took the kids to get movies and ice cream. GEAUX TIGERS!

Today, we went downtown for a street festival called "Fall for Greenville." We spent a majority of the time at cheap, carnival rides that the kids love. Don't I read the news reports, detailing tragic accidents at amusement parks? Am I not an attorney, who has read millions of tort cases about injuries on park rides? Well - yes. However, it's hard to refuse the pleas of your babies. I actually got on this one ride with the kids, that looked fairly tame. However, the first clue should have been the picture of the Tasmanian Devil painted on it. It was HORRIBLE, and the kids were really scared that I was going to get sick. I had to sit on the curb for a bit, and gather my composure. There was another "spinning" ride which the kids rode, which affected Beau the way the first ride had affected me. Of course, the daredevil Maddie loved both rides. We had an "incident" at the water gun balloon game, though. Unfortunately, mom won a prize -- one prize -- at the game. I wish I had had Dr. Phil there to solve this parenting dilemma. Which child gets to pick the toy? What to do about the impatient patrons who are waiting to play again, who are being held up by our selection? How do I calmly and rationally try to explain the dilemma to the kids, when they're hyped up by the atmosphere, and their own self interest? Beau picked Cody from "Surf's Up," and Maddie couldn't decide. So, I picked Cody. Who gets to carry the toy? AHHHHH What ended up happening is that after much rational discussion about the fact that we only had one toy, I ended up spending about another $20 trying to win a second toy, to no avail. The ticket lady, I'm sure, was very amused at the entire scene, and seemed to be waiting to hand me tickets as I approached. A lady standing next to us had the same problem, having a boy and a girl, and she was pointing us out as an example of harmonious amusement toy problem-solving. Ha!

Everybody have a FANTASTIC week!!

No comments: