Friday, October 12, 2007

Croc World

The Moore Family has officially entered the world of crocs, with our first purchase this afternoon. I took Beau and Maddie to a Stride Rite shoe store this afternoon. The place was crawling with stay-at-home-moms, with their perfectly-dressed children in over-priced shoes, wearing their multi-karat baubles and rings, likely having dinner being made for them by their personal chefs. You get the picture. Maddie wanted to try on the crocs. There are certain trends that I have never understood, and certainly the appeal of crocs shoes is one of them. Of course, Maddie had the absolute opposite reaction, and has not taken the things off since we got out of the shoe store. SO - mom got on Zappos.com to find more crocs in her size. We had to buy the bright orange ones today, because that was all the selection the shoe store had in stock. I found, actually, tolerable pink "mary jane"-type crocs for her, AND LSU crocs, for our trip next week! Perfect! Although the sight of people wearing crocs makes me cringe, much like the sight of "terrific kid" bumper stickers and magnetic ribbons on the back of minivans (ha!), I fear that if I ever put a pair on my feet, I may not wear anything else!

No comments: