
The Moore Family hopes that everyone had a fantastic weekend! As for us, it was very, very busy, indeed! This picture of Maddie (with "Bunny," Maddie's "real" imaginary friend) was taken at "cook with the fire" (Japanese Steak House) this morning after church. The birthday party hat was given to her by a lady at church, who wore this at the service. Last week, our minister gave an excellent sermon, and encouraged us to wear party hats to church, in full celebration of the resurrection of Jesus. (Or - at least, that's what Gary and I can remember of the sermon - ?) It was funny to see the churchgoers with the party hats on in the sanctuary. Most of the ones wearing the hats were the over-60 crowd, too. The oddest image was seeing the ushers with the party hats on - grown men in their Sunday best, with children's party hats!
Yesterday was one of those days for me. I took Maddie to Beau's t-ball games first thing yesterday morning, then had to drive to Greenwood for Lander's Open House. I was there for 2 hours greeting prospective students, then had to frantically find a TV for the viewing of LSU v. South Carolina. I sat by myself (feeling much like the loser..) at a sports restaurant, amongst Carolina fans. Then, at 5:00, I had to go to a wedding in Greenwood, and then the reception. Sadly, Gary had to work and was not able to join me. Luckily there was a TV in the bar area of the reception, so I didn't miss much of the second half. GEAUX TIGERS! I didn't get home until 9:00 p.m. Sigh... Luckily I don't have days like that very often, because I fear that I'm getting too old to handle it.
The big news of the week is that I finished the last Harry Potter book. Several weeks ago, I told a friend at Lander (who has read all the Harrys) how I thought it would end, and I am proud to report that I was right on the money! Additionally - when the thing happened that I thought would happen, I also realized how something else next was going to happen before it happened! (My English teachers just got a headache....) Anybody who has read Harry should understand, but that shouldn't spoil the fun for those who haven't. I think I'm definitely going to go back and read the first 4 -- particularly The Prisoner of Azkaban. I never got the full story on one of the characters, Sirius Black, so that's something to look forward to.
Everybody have a GREAT week!
No comments:
Post a Comment