Maddie helped Mama so much, and was a pretty good sport about getting rid of a bunch of toys that she hasn't played with in years. (No, everything is not in a messy "Monica from Friends" closet! We sorted things for the church yard sale, Goodwill, and will send the good stuff to good friends.) I thought it was going to be a fight, but I managed to sneak toys into the trash when she wasn't looking. Luckily, the kids are still at that point where they think that cleaning is fun - much like Tom Sawyer tried to convince Huckleberry Finn. 

After the work was done, Maddie grabbed the swiffer, and started dancing and singing, a la Fred Astaire dancing with the coatrack. (Please tell me that I'm not the only one who remembers Fred - ?) It was spontaneous, and very entertaining.



This last picture reminds me of Aerosmith's Steven Tyler. I'm sure Maddie will have sweet dreams tonight in her new, clean, straight room!


No comments:
Post a Comment