(I'm feeling a bit of pressure for this post, because I have shared my blog with a blog expert -- an art major who is getting her doctorate from Florida State University -- and she has actually logged on! We'll call her "AP." She promises to give me some tips to "spruce up" the blog - but clearly I'm a long way from her perfect standards! :) )
Well - not only am I on the Harry Potter bandwagon, but I fear that I'm obsessed, and dread when I have turned the last page on the series. I have read books 5 & 6 -- an absolute miracle for my snail reading pace -- and cannot wait to see how it all ends. I have often heard fellow Muggles (ha - I'm so hip with the Harry lingo) say that they have no interest in seeing the movies. I can actually believe that - although I enjoy the movies so much. What is it about Harry that has captivated the WORLD? Hard to explain. Well, one explanation may be that the books are so original as to be compelling. Another is that they represent another classic depiction of the clash and good and evil, and the reality of fate. A chick who works at Barnes and Noble told me that J.K. Rowling is the first "billion dollar" author - the first author to actually make a billion for her writing. I need to hurry up and read the last book, so I can log on to J.K.'s blog, and get some behind the scenes insights.
No comments:
Post a Comment