Friday, February 1, 2008

In Appreciation of Teachers

Today was "Teacher Appreciation Day" at Beau's school. So, being a room mom and all, I volunteered to sit with Beau's class at the lunchroom so that his teacher could enjoy a lunch with her colleagues. The lunch lasted, oh, about 20 minutes! The teacher said that this is all the time that they have for lunch. It was a constant shuffling in and shuffling out of kids from the various grades. I wish the teachers had had more time to spend together.

Room moms had to bring dessert, too - so, of course, I brought a king cake from our local bakery. Although they do an okay job, the cake pales in comparison to the delicious king cakes of South Louisiana. In fact, I don't think they realized what it was! Oh well.....

I thoroughly enjoyed the time spent with my baby boy today. I got a tiny glimpse into his day-to-day routine at school.

No comments: