Wednesday, August 8, 2007
A Runner's World
I'm kind of training for a marathon. One of my dearest friends from NOLA, and I, have pledged to run the Mardi Gras Marathon on January 27, 2008. This will be close to my 40th birthday, and I guess like Oprah, I want to do something significant and memorable. Running, and being a mom, and working full-time, is virtually impossible, and requires a lot of discipline. I did pretty well a couple of weeks ago, but in the past week my training has hit a snag. I have absolutely no excuses, because I have a treadmill set up in front a TV, with an earphone extension cord, which is virtually identical to the set up I would have at a gym. I also have an incredible place to run in downtown Greenville, which I love. Running is such a mental, as well as a physical, sport. I have to be in the mood. I'm going to post my progress, in hopes that if I have to report it in print, for the world to see, this may kickstart my training.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment