Today was the day that most moms dread - the first day of first grade -- the day when your little baby becomes a grown up (or at least that's how it feels). Here's Thomas Beau, beaming in his new classroom. He has the absolute best teacher ever, and new friends already! He couldn't sleep last night, because he was so nervous. Nothing generally happens the first day of school, but he didn't realize that! In fact - he doesn't have homework the whole week. His nervousness was rubbing off on me, and I got nervous for him! His teacher is great, and she made my day by telling me that with my new teaching/private practice schedule, I'll be able to accompany the class on some field trips! In contrast, Maddie didn't take Beau going to first grade too well.... Or, she could be crying because she can't quite go to the big school yet!

(She managed to cheer up once we got to her school.)
Maddie and I watched "Annie" this weekend, and she loved it. She and I have been singing, "Dumb Dog, why are you following me??" - all day and all night! The only thing about "Annie," is that it's not the best fare for a DSS attorney, who deals with orphans on a daily basis. It comforted me somewhat to know that "Annie" has a happy ending, and that it depicted the 30s, when child welfare was not scrutinized as it is today. I predict that some day very soon, we'll be inviting friends and family to a local production of "Annie" with Madeleine Irene as the star! It's so much fun to watch Maddie watch classics that I have loved for ages! There are countless ones to look forward to!
I guess a jogging update is due. I walked (not even a fast walk) yesterday in the 95 degree heat. I couldn't pull it up to a jog, but I did 3 miles. I guess that's fairly decent. Hopefully when the weather gets cooler, I can start jogging during the day.
Have a great week!
1 comment:
I can't believe Beau is all grown up--it seems like yesterday he was a tiny baby!!!
Post a Comment