Thursday, May 10, 2007

Happy Mother's Day!


I know it's a little early, but I want to wish happy mother's day to all the moms out there - especially the moms who will be celebrating their first mother's day!

This picture of Beau and Maddie has a little story to it. We decided that we would go to the movies last weekend - "The Robinson's," which didn't look that great, but was the only children's show playing. The entire time we were driving to the movie theater, Beau kept asking me how many minutes we had to get there. Eventually, we ran out of minutes, and Beau put two and two together, to realize that we were late. In fact, we ended up being about 15 minutes late. He was absolutely beside himself, and upset that we were going to be late. I'm thinking to myself that The Robinson's is not that popular of a movie, they always show previews for the first 15-20 minutes, so we should be right on time. WELL - we finally get to the ticket counter, and the show is sold out! Ah, the look of dejection on my baby Beau's face! "This is all your fault, mom." Right to the heart - I had let him down. He was fighting back the tears. I said - "Hey, let's go to that movie theater across town, near the doughnut place, and if they're sold out, too, we'll get doughnuts!" All of a sudden he perked up, and all he could think about were doughnuts. I knew that there was going to be no movie on the other side of town -- or, at least, no movie that would be starting any time near when we got over there. We ended up getting doughnuts, and these "Krispy Kreme" hats.

No comments: