Sunday, November 27, 2016

Untitled - (Re: Election 2016)

       Last night, against my much better judgment, I got into a "Facebook War" with strangers regarding the most recent revelation that there will be a recount in the state of Wisconsin, and possibly other states.  the post that caused me to get involved in the first place stated the following:

   "Anybody remember the hysteria when trump said he might not accept the results of the election? Will there be equal alarm as Hill's team has joined the call for a recount?"  

      The post was written by an esteemed journalist, who has committed his career to fostering the interests of free speech, and the press.  First - the facts.  A woman named Jill Stein has funded this recount -- Stein being the Green Party presidential nominee.  Hillary Clinton did not have anything to do with this request (publicly), however, her attorneys have now made statements that they support Stein in her efforts to ask for a recount. I'm not sure this is joining the call for a recount, but maybe a fair interpretation of what Clinton did is that she has joined the call.  Secondly - what Stein is formally challenging is the propriety of the results in Wisconsin, due to the concerns, apparently, by some computer experts that there is evidence of irregularities in the results in Wisconsin, and possibly in other states that Clinton lost.  Third -- does anyone remember Russia's "non-denial denial" of hacking emails of the DNC Chair -- which should raise at least concerns in and of itself that there may be problems with the results in these states - perhaps also because Hillary is leading the popular vote by over 2 million votes.

      The comments on Facebook turned into a pissing match, with strangers accusing me of being a liberal (which I'm not), and somehow turned into the following:

        "You don't call Arabs buying Hillary's campaign foreign interference? She is being bought and paid for buy the Arabs so they can bring Sharia Law here and have Global dominance not to mention her corruption in the Clinton Foundation from receiving donations for charities where money was not dispersed? You are the one that must be joking..lol..What he said was what the majority of the Americans want and got. you all need to accept your loss and move on. God was on the side of this vote."

        It didn't stop there.....:

       "Mam..I am one of the 100 that helped achieve gaining women protective rights in 1984 and my name is in the registry of cases for that bill. You think Hillary is protecting you by bringing raping and murdering Sharia Law heathens without vetting them? She wants to bring them in hordes here. She also is promoting 9 month abortions. You must be joking. All this false BS about Trump and sexual assault charges have already been proven false and the women were paid to say it by the Hillary campaign. Wake up and live in the real world Dearie. I am done arguing with liberals. No point in it. We won. You didn't. End of story. Liberals need to stop playing the crybaby routine and man up and stop trying to buy their way. It won't work for them anymore."

      So let's see - -an online conversation about a challenge to the election results in a few states prompts a discussion about Arabs buying Clinton, that she is going to bring "raping and murdering Sharia Law heathens" to the United States, so they will have global dominance, that God was on the side of this vote (I suppose she's referring to the vote for Donald Trump - a man who has never publicly professed his faith in anything except himself and certainly has never discussed God publicly that I can find), that Hillary "promotes" 9-month abortions, and that the allegations about Trump and sexual assault charges "have already been proven false" with false accusers being paid to say such by the Hillary campaign.  As I stated above, she accused me of being a liberal, which I'm not -- and, she called me "Dearie."

      Big SIGH.  Here's why I decided to blog -- there is so much misinformation out there about "news" today, that it is difficult to distinguish truth from lies -- or information that is misrepresented or twisted.  I don't even know where to start in reply to all of these multiple allegations -- but let me state that Trump IS involved in a lawsuit regarding a young woman who she claims was raped by Donald Trump, who says she was 13 at the time.  The woman claims that Trump raped her at parties thrown by a man named Jeffrey Epstein, who was convicted in 2008 of solicitation of a minor, and was ordered to serve 18 years in prison.  There is a status conference on the lawsuit scheduled for December 16, 2016.  Trump has acknowledged that he knows Epstein, and is quoted saying the following in The Huffington Post:

       “I’ve known Jeff for fifteen years. Terrific guy,’’ Trump says in the story. “He’s a lot of fun to be with. It is even said that he likes beautiful women as much as I do, and many of them are on the younger side. No doubt about it ― Jeffrey enjoys his social life.”

     Mr. Trump deserves his day in court, pursuant to the rules of law and evidence in our country, but doesn't this at least raise an eyebrow of suspicion?  Or maybe not -- none of us were there at these alleged parties.  But, where is the evidence that Hillary paid this woman to say these things?  Does it not concern Trump voters that not one former President endorsed this man -- Democrat and Republican, alike?  Colin Powell did not support him.  The leaders in the Republican party are now jumping on the bandwagon, but look at their impressions and comments about Donald Trump leading up to the election.  Could I roll the tape on Donald Trump's multiple despicable, offensive, embarrassing, intolerable statements about women, minorities, and the disabled, to my children, and then justify to them that I voted for Trump?  I continue to be at a loss about all of this.  

     I truly thought that as a nation we were united in the truth that neither of these candidates is fit to be President.  I love that when I make comments against Trump, that I am immediately accused of being a liberal and a Hillary-lover.  Neither is true -- I didn't want Hillary to be President because I view her as many do, as being an insider, bought and sold by Wall Street, and someone who will have her hands in my pockets at tax time.  However, I'm not a Trump supporter, either.  How could I be?

     I love this country with my whole heart, and spent 9 years teaching young wonderful minds the structure of our government, the Federalist Papers, the design of it all, Civil Rights and Civil Liberties, and what makes our country so great.  Maybe it's time that I started teaching again -- so much work to be done.

     
    

No comments: