Saturday, September 4, 2010
Don't Run Out of Time
Yesterday, September 3, 2010, was the 16th anniversary of my mom's very untimely death from breast cancer. She was 51 years old - way too young to leave her family. I have had many years to adjust to her not being here, but it is certainly still hard when the anniversary comes around on the calendar. Some years, like this year, it hits me like a ton of bricks. My Aunt told me something that my mom told her, right before her death: you will run out of time to do those things in life that you so want to do.....so make sure that you do them. It's so true - most of us live our lives like we are going to be around forever. Why can't we remember these simple words from my mom? We don't act, we hold grudges, we sweat the small stuff to borrow the oft-used cliche, and so on. I'll try not to run out of time, mom, to do those things that I so want to do. As long as you continue to watch over me as you have for 16 years.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I didn't know that about your mother. i am so sorry. But she obviously left an impact on you and she raised a fine daughter. I have lost both parents and my sister (to ovarian cancer when she was 41). my best.
Post a Comment