Tuesday, October 28, 2008

A Charlie Brown Halloween

Of course I know the correct title to Charles Schultz's masterpiece, "It's The Great Pumpkin, Charlie Brown," however I thought using that for the title of the blog post was a little too predictable. We watched the show tonight as a family - the highlight of the week. I also came to the realization that Maddie is exactly like Lucy, and Beau is exactly like Linus, even down to the blue blanket! My favorite part of the show is when Charlie Brown gets rocks for Trick-or-Treat. Poor thing - and his friends don't even bother to give him one little piece of candy. Beau and Gary love the "Red Baron" scenes with Snoopy. And, any guesses at Maddie's favorite part? When Lucy pulls the football out from under Charlie Brown as he is trying to kick it, of course.

On an unrelated note, Beau and Maddie's school held voting for the Presidential election today. John McCain won. Maddie voted for McCain, but Beau voted for Obama. Interesting. Beau told us this morning that the school would hold the vote today, and he didn't know who to vote for. I told him that McCain was an American Hero, and an Air Force fighter pilot - just like he sees on the Military Channel. However, I told him that Obama is a lawyer, like mommy, and did similar public service work that mommy does. Alas....

No comments: