Wednesday, September 10, 2008

The Joys of Home


(I love this picture, because it portrays the three very happy people in my life!)
The Moore Family has been doing well - as I said in a previous post, getting back into the swing of our daily routine. We visited Beau's, and now Maddie's, school a few nights ago and I finally got an opportunity to talk with their teachers. Beau is doing so well - he has made at least 100, and above, on all of his tests so far. His teacher is also very pleased with his reading, but wants him to kick it up to at least a third grade level. I really enjoyed watching Beau and Gary last year, and their quest to read over 100 books in First Grade - it was an obsession, but certainly a permissible one. As for Miss Madeleine, as I expected she has become somewhat of the social butterfly of the K-5 class. Her teacher says she talks to everybody, and everybody enjoys her company. She also said that she's a "hoot," which of course we already knew that. She is doing well academically, too. During the first month of K-5, the teacher administers a standard test to see where the students are when they first get to school - can they recognize numbers, letters, shapes, etc. Maddie did so well on her test - in fact, I would have been pleased with her score at the end of K-5, not just the beginning! I think what is great about our school is that it is literally footsteps away from our church, and many of the teachers and students there are members of our extended church family. Beau's teacher often volunteers to teach the children's Sunday School classes, so she really knows the kids very well. On an unrelated note, the other big news of the week is that Gary is now the leader of Beau's cub scout troop. I feel somewhat bad, but I had to bust out laughing when I saw Gary in the Scout uniform. Ha! I'll take some pictures soon and post.

1 comment:

Jennifer said...

Which is just to go to show that golfers can do boy scout imitations!LOL

Hope the boys have a great time.

The big question is-can lovers of the posh hotel suite do scouting family camping trip imitations???Hee hee!