Sunday, August 10, 2008
Having the Patience to Run
At church this morning, one of the hymns we sang had a line in it about having the patience to finish the run. Of course, the reference and context was about Christianity, but I couldn't help but think of my endeavors on the roads. I have been running/jogging now for over 20 years - hard to believe. And, I think one element that has been lacking for me is patience. I get so anxious when I run these days, and I am sure that the reason is my lifestyle as a working mom. I feel pulled, and impatient, like I need to be somewhere else while I am running. How can I actually take time for myself? I am optimistic, though, that I can someday soon complete some long distances. I mean - honestly, I should still be in a New Orleans hospital recovering from the grueling half earlier in the year. But, I'm going to work on this thing called patience.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment