I cannot believe that my Louisiana is facing another major, devastating hurricane - this time it looks like Gustav will land somewhere around Houma, LA. I have dear friends who live in Houma, and New Orleans looks like it will get some of the impact, being on that northeastern quadrant of the storm. It is very difficult, if not impossible, for me to be excited about the anticipated start of the 2008 football season, with my Tigers taking on Appalachian State University tomorrow. The game has been moved up to early in the morning (for Tiger fans' standards), and due to my schedule I won't even be home to watch the game - will have to catch it later on Saturday afternoon thanks to TIVO. This is not the way the world is supposed to work. We're supposed to get ready all day for the game, I'll help Maddie find her LSU cheerleader outfit, find the tiger tail that we got at Tiger Rag last year, get multiple snacks ready, and watch the game as a family at the regularly-scheduled time of 7 p.m. in Tiger Stadium. And - usually in the Fall of the year, I need the excitement of LSU Football to give me that rush of adrenaline needed to start another school year. But, can't really get into it right now. Saturday, August 30, 2008
Bittersweet Weekend
I cannot believe that my Louisiana is facing another major, devastating hurricane - this time it looks like Gustav will land somewhere around Houma, LA. I have dear friends who live in Houma, and New Orleans looks like it will get some of the impact, being on that northeastern quadrant of the storm. It is very difficult, if not impossible, for me to be excited about the anticipated start of the 2008 football season, with my Tigers taking on Appalachian State University tomorrow. The game has been moved up to early in the morning (for Tiger fans' standards), and due to my schedule I won't even be home to watch the game - will have to catch it later on Saturday afternoon thanks to TIVO. This is not the way the world is supposed to work. We're supposed to get ready all day for the game, I'll help Maddie find her LSU cheerleader outfit, find the tiger tail that we got at Tiger Rag last year, get multiple snacks ready, and watch the game as a family at the regularly-scheduled time of 7 p.m. in Tiger Stadium. And - usually in the Fall of the year, I need the excitement of LSU Football to give me that rush of adrenaline needed to start another school year. But, can't really get into it right now.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment