Thursday, December 20, 2007

Visions of the Sugar Plum Fairy Will Dance in My Head

Tomorrow the Moore Family will travel to beautiful Charlotte, NC, to attend "The Nutcracker," to be performed by the N.C. School of the Arts. We all can't wait! Seeing the ballet is one of the highlights of the holiday season, and I'm anxious to see a new version of the ballet. All I ask for is a topnotch performance of the "Trepak." I have been watching the Bolshoi Ballet's version on the Ovation channel. The prima ballerina is absolutely splendid -- she dances with every part of her body, including the tips of her fingers. However, I don't like their version of the "Trepak!" I want to see men in bright red blouson pants, with white shirts and the traditional Russian fur hats. I want to see the dancers defying gravity -- leaping, jumping and doing impossible splits in the air!

The big news of the week is that we have inadvertently adopted a cat. There is a fluffy yellow cat that has been coming around every night at supper time. Last night, "it" (haven't checked...) wailed until we finally gave in and fed it. Gary said that once you feed a cat, it's yours for awhile. Gary also made the mistake of petting the cat tonight; last night it disappeared with a full belly, but tonight it is still sitting on the porch waiting for more petting. Alas....

Only 5 more days 'til the big day! MERRY CHRISTMAS !!

No comments: