I admit, I am very envious of those bloggers out there who can post on a regular basis. I can't seem to do it -- I have to be in the mood to write, and feel I have some momentous occasion to describe.
Well, I actually had a fantastic lunch today -- lunch is clearly not a momentous occasion, but I ate with an attorney who graduated from LSU Law School back in the 70s. One of my students at Lander introduced us, because she works as his paralegal. (I'm sure she was wishing she could gracefully exit, when the reminiscing got a little out of control!) It was joyous to talk with someone who shares my admiration of the school, and knows the people who truly changed my life. He left Louisiana in 2004, before Katrina washed ashore. Ironically, as we were walking out of the deli, I ran into another Louisiana Law graduate that I met through a dear friend. Thinking of my adopted state made me happy.
I also got glorious, amazing news about my Aunt, who battled breast cancer and won, several years ago. She had some test results that concerned the doctors, but they turned out to be nothing! Certainly, that's more than reason to celebrate and describe in the blog.
As for the most important people in my life, the babies, they're totally obsessed with "Cats," the musical. We took them to see it at our local "concert hall," and Beau ate it up! Maddie fell asleep after the intermission, but what she saw she loved. We had to rent the DVD first thing Saturday morning, and they have been watching it non-stop. I also have the CD, so we're playing that non-stop, too. In fact, I told the babies that I could play "Memory" on the piano, so they actually sat with me (Madeleine on my lap, and Beau by my side on the bench), and listened as I played and sang the entire song. Gary stood by and watched us, and I could tell the whole scene made him very happy. It was great to realize that I experienced something great so long ago, when I didn't have a glimmer that I would have children one day who would appreciate the show as much as I did. I saw "Cats" for the first time in London, in 1987, when it was already 6 years old - but this was actually a great version of the show. If you can't see it in person, you can come by our house and it's sure to be playing!
No comments:
Post a Comment