Ahhhhh New York! We are slowly falling in love with the city, as most people do when they travel here. Day 2 found us at the American Museum of Natural History (that came to life in "Night in the Museum" with Ben Stiller), "Spiderman" at the Foxwoods Theatre, and soaking up the "city lights" bus tour at night.
We once again took the Subway to catch the tour bus near Times Square. Beau loves the subway - he doesn't want to take cabs anywhere! I love the bus tours -- the tour guides are awesome, and I love all the little details they share such as where Marilyn sang "Happy Birthday" to JFK, that Lauren Bacall lives in the Dakota apartment building where John Lennon was shot, the cost of Jay Z and Beyonce's new pad on Central Park West, where Lady Gaga was discovered, and the longest-running show in Broadway history. Do you know what it is? Well, I was the only one on the bus who guessed it! (Answer tomorrow.....)
The tour bus took us to the front steps of the Museum, and it did not disappoint! We touched a meteor that landed in Greenland 1000 years ago, and saw an actual T-Rex head. No Ben Stiller, but a great outing nevertheless! I was tempted to ask the tour guides how often they are mistaken for Ben Stiller....but I refrained. The babies enjoyed the museum, but I truly think they were disappointed that the dinosaurs did not come to life. Alas.....
Next was a subway ride back to Times Square to grab a quick lunch before the much-anticipated "Spiderman." SPIDEY. WAS. AWESOME. The sets were great, the special effects were wonderful, and I was convinced that Spidey and the Green Goblin were going to land on our heads as they both flew into the audience. At the curtain call, EIGHT Spideys emerged for a bow -- it takes that many to pull-off the fast-paced, flying show! Truly a wonderful time!
After the show we were all in the mood for more bus tours (I think they are going to reserve seats for us on every bus because we are becoming such regulars!), and luckily we were able to grab a fabulous seat on the "holiday lights" tour. We saw absolutely every Christmas light in NYC! Lincoln Center, tree at Rockefeller Center, the huge snowflakes on Fifth Avenue (which I remembered very fondly from my last trip in Christmas, 1985), many store windows including Lord and Taylor and Bergdorf's, and so much more! I promise that we saw every Christmas tree on the island!
We finally collapsed back at the hotel around 10. I need to run to get ready for.....THE ROCKETTES!
No comments:
Post a Comment