Monday, August 9, 2010

Being a Teacher

I love being a teacher. I especially love the interaction I have with my students - it seems like recently I have been getting a lot of emails from former students, who have graduated. I love it when the students write to me, and tell me that they remember something that I taught them. Enclosed is an email that really made me laugh, that I got this weekend:

Hey Ms. Moore,

How are you doing??? I was thinking about you!!! Funny thing - I've been working at Subway this past year. People seem to think that fast food workers are STUPID lol! It was these two guys in my line having a conversation about something that happened in the news. I was listening to the details. The other guy said the man was going to get charged with murder. Out of nowhere I think of you teaching us about murder. I look at the guy and I say it's not murder, it was no malice afore thought. The other guy was like yep you are right. The other guy was like how did you know that? Are you a law student? I sarcastically said, nope I'm a Sandwich Artist...lol!

Absolutely priceless.

No comments: