I have decided to return to my blog. I quit for awhile, just opting for Facebook updates to track my life, but I'm back to the blog. I guess what prompted my return was the glorious week I just spent with my mom's family on the coast of North Carolina, and my desire to share the experience. We had a wonderful time, and I'm so glad that my babies are getting the chance to get to know my cousins' children. We read magazines and books, laughed until we hurt, boogie-boarded, laid on the beach, played cornhole, and watched many "Rock Band" concerts. Hands down, however, the best part of the week is always the food. Here was the line-up:
Day 1 - Eastern N.C. barbeque and fried chicken, baked beans and cole slaw
Day 2 - Beef brisket, fresh cut creamed corn, fried okra, salad and homemade macaroni and cheese.
Day 3 - Beef tenderloin, roasted vegetables, fresh pesto pasta, and homemade mixed berry yogurt for dessert.
Day 4 - Fried chicken and waffles, with light spicy honey "syrup," baked beans and spring salad.
Day 5 - Crawfish etouffee over cheese grits, jambalaya with chicken and sausage, salad and "Red Lobster" cheese biscuits. (our night)
Day 6 - Gourmet burgers, made to order, with homemade onion rings, baked beans and cilantro-lime cole slaw.
Day 7 - Lemon chicken over sticky rice, with roasted asparagus, and homemade banana pudding.
Fortunately I took my running shoes to try to minimize the damage to my waistline, but the hit I took was definitely worth it.
3 comments:
I can't believe it! xo
And to think I almost took the blog off of my favorites! I am so excited to see you agin! I,too, am going to do a better job of being current.
The kids are gorgeous! So grown up!
Miss you and the fam! J
Glad to see you back into blogging! The kids are gorgeous! So grown up! Miss you -and the fam!! J
Post a Comment